Hailie's Homeschool Adventures

Monday, August 4, 2014

The rough moments.

As early as we are into our homeschooling journey it hasn't been without those difficult moments. Juggling my toddler while trying to focus on Hailie at the same time can be a bit overwhelming sometimes. Most days I  can set him down with toys and turn the music up, classical typically. (We particularly love listening to The Piano Guys. If you haven't heard them before I highly recommend checking them out!)

Most days this arrangement works. He plays close by where I can keep an eye on him, while being able to focus on Hailie. Of course, that does not always work and he will constantly want me to pick him up. Add in on top of that those days when she gets frustrated (sometimes writing, sometimes math). She starts to slow down and drag. It can make for a long day!

These moments, however few they might be, tend to wear on me. I get discouraged when she gets frustrated and in the back of my mind I wonder if sending her back to public school would be better for her. I have to remind myself that this is a learning experience for me just as much as it is her. We are not that far into our journey and it is going to take time to discover what methods work for her and what does not.

Thankfully I have the encouragement of my husband who reminds me of the good we are doing. I just tend to forget that in those moments of frustration where I want to give up.
 photo Signatures.png

No comments:

Post a Comment